Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Loving It!

Of course, I've been very busy trying to get in the swing of things at work. The great news is, I am loving this more than I ever imagined possible. I don't want to gush, because I know I'm still in the honeymoon stage...but I can tell that there are a lot of things about this position that are very different than any other teaching job I've had. I've never been an elementary school teacher, and I never thought I would like that. This just proves how little I knew about myself.
I love fifth grade. The kids are great. I enjoy teaching all the subjects...including MATH! I almost feel like I'm "playing teacher" like I did when I was a kid. I believe I'm where I should be right now, and it is a great feeling. (Once again, thank you, God!)

Erhan is doing well on the road to recovery. He is still on a large dose of predinsone and is being monitored closely. He is still weak, but is improving steadily.

The kids are fine. School is going well for all three.

Time to get to bed so I can wake up bright and early.

6 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

This sounds like a good fit. Good for you.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger PV said...

Congratulations! The kids are lucky to have you for a teacher! When I was a kid, my teachers were all burned out and mean! Of course, teachers are so different now - back then - in the stone age aka the 70's - teachers never actually spoke to their students!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger michi said...

i am sooooo happy for you, lauren!

sorry i have not replied to your mail yet.

mxx

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going so well, Lauren!! I can't imagine how crazy busy you must be, but it sounds like it's a good thing. Congratulations!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

You deserve some good luck, for a change!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger About the Group said...

Hi. I am a teacher too- high school literature. I love my job. Teaching is a grand profession. Good luck with it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines