Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ohwhatasillygooseiam!!!!

I am pretty embarrassed, and very relieved. My worries were for naught. Not hearing from the school didn't mean anything at all. They just haven't made up their mind about the teacher I might replace. I talked to the principal today and she told me she is going to wait until the week of the 20th (my birthday, no less) when that teacher is planning to be out of town. She is going to have me sub for her, and will make up her mind by then. If they do stick with that teacher for this year, they still want me for Spanish. So, I had no reason to be so depressed and full of self doubt.
Erhan is losing weight by heaps and bounds. Almost too much. I'm waiting to hear from his doctor to find out if it is too much. He is losing as much as ten pounds a day with the diuretics. I think that his body is getting a little dehydrated, so I've encouraged him to drink more. His face and upper body now looks skeletal, and his legs are still like tree trunks.

I took Alp to the dentist today. The last few appts., his mom has taken him. I have never been to this dentist. At first, she asked me if I was his Aunt. I explained that I am the stepmom and that he actually lives with us. Later in the appt., she explaimed, "He just trusts you so much! I've never seen him so behaved. You are so good with him!" I was flattered.

I'm really happy today. I'm back in the ballgame with the job at the school I want. Thank you, God!

5 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger michi said...

see. everything is going to be fine.

but i still understand about the worryworryworry mode. *S*

m

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger SarahJane said...

that's terrific, lauren. congrats.
and that is a nice feeling i'm sure about the dentist trip. funny what other people see.
hope your husband is okay. my goodness, there are a lot o people out there who'd pay him to know how he's losing 10 lbs a day.
smile

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Excellent!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Great news! I hope the week of subbing goes well and you get the job you want.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger PV said...

Are you ok? You haven't posted in a week! Pam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines