Monday, September 18, 2006

Weight Loss Update

I began my new eating attitude (like Richard Simmons, I never say "diet") about two months ago. I planned to start out with the Lemon Cleanse diet, but that didn't even last one day.

Anyway, I am very happy to report that so far, I have lost twelve pounds. I have about twelve more to go.
I'm very pleased.

My secret?
Once, a long, long time ago, a doctor told me that I would be surprised to find out how little humans actually need to eat in order to be healthy. He said that we tend to eat much more than we need.

So, I keep that in mind and just somehow got myself into the right frame of mind.

I basically eat two Luna bars per day with a glass of orange juice, and one small meal (of soup or something low fat). I eat all the fruit I want. I also munch on pretzels dipped in humus (a new obsession of mine). I try to drink water more often than soda or juice.

I have also been following a very healthy regimen for my IBS. This means I don't eat any dairy, except for occasional yogurt. This is also good for my Rosacea problem, which is not too advanced.

Anyway, I have dropped one clothing size so far. I feel much more comfortable in my clothes and I have a few things I just can't wear because they are too big now. That is a great feeling.

I know the next twelve pounds will take longer to come off, but I'm not in any hurry. I have really changed my outlook. Plus, now that I feel better about myself, I am more motivated to keep it up.

One thing I have never been able to do is count calories. I refuse to go that route. I also don't weigh myself every day. I get on the scale about once every four days, or sometimes maybe more like once per week.

If I decide to let myself have a treat, I don't worry about. I don't deprive myself, except for things like cheese and other dairy. I don't give in on that because I just think about how bad it will make my stomach feel.

As for exercise, I do try to be more active. I take the dogs for long walks and have been spending more time outdoors.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

It sounds like you are really on the right track, Lauren!! As soon as I finish this round of 30:30, I'm making my fitness a top priority. I need to lose 35 pounds and get in shape so I can keep up with my girls better. Funny how such an important thing can keep getting pushed aside. You're an inspiration!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

aw shucks, thanks!
Are you feeling better?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines