Monday, September 18, 2006

The Drama Teacher's Response:

Dear Ms. Gurus,


Thank you for your email concerning Erin.


I am not sure why Erin's progress report showed that she had an F- for Drama. She has an A+. I can only assume that it was due to the confusion of which section (MWF or TR) she was attending and/or supposed to be in (see next paragraph). As for the minus after an F, that is a school grade, not one I chose.


Regarding attendance, I am extremely accurate about taking attendance each and every day in our computerized attendance program. I had NOTHING to do with Erin being told she "must switch to MWF classes." I only followed my class roster(s) in the computer (of which she jumped around and at last view, was on both) and either marked her present or absent each day. According to our computerized system, she was absent from MWF 6 times. The day she was to be in class was confusing to me, as she kept jumping around, and last week we all received clarification. I do recall you emailing me about Erin's illness at the beginning of the year to which I promptly replied to your email.


I don't know why Erin told you that she didn't receive a syllabus. She already turned in a signed one. In addition, I made it extremely clear each day in both sections that it was due, what the consequences were for not turning it in, what the next best grade was that could be earned, etc.


I too am new to American Heritage this year and just like Erin, need a learning curve with policies and procedures. As you know, in the age of the computer, glitches happen too.


Rest assured that Erin has a fine grade in Drama and I look forward to continuing to work with her on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger michi said...

oh good! :)

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger PV said...

Cool! It all worked out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines