Monday, September 11, 2006

Hospital and Job Lead

My husband has been admitted to the hospital. His Creatanine was at such a dangerous level, I'm surprised he is still alive.
The hardest thing right now is shuffling the kids around to their different schools while trying to visit and care for him. No, I take that back (my new catch phrase, apparently!) the hardest part is not knowing what to expect in the future.
They are going to do the kidney biopsies in the morning. I hope I'm able to get to the hospital in time for that, but we don't know. I have to drop the kids off in all different parts of the county before I can get myself there.
Tomorrow night there is an Open House at Erin's school...the kind where I get to go around to each of her classes. I hope I can be there. I really want to go, but we'll have to see what happens and also if someone can watch Alp.

Good news. I got an interview for an interesting job as a marketing rep for a company that provides outreach school programs for high school kids. It sounds like something I might enjoy. The appt. is for Thursday.

5 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger PV said...

You certainly have a full plate. Good luck with everything.


Congratulations on getting a job interview so fast! How the heck do you find these leads, much less get interviews so quickly?

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Lauren, am just catching up after being away. Really sorry to hear about your husband being ill...he is in the best place to get all the medical care he needs...am thinking of you and rooting for you all...take care.

Liz
x

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

Pam...thanks. I am very, very good at getting interviews and even getting jobs. It is keeping them that I'm a failure at!
Liz...so glad to see you here again. Thanks for your well wishes.
-lauren

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

I wish we lived closer, so I could help you cart kids around.
It's sooo hard when you have to do EVERYTHING all by yourself.
Take care of YOURSELF too. Where would your family be if you got sick right now?

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

tshsmom...
funny thing is...
I AM SICK RIGHT NOW!
Thank goodness it is just a cold. It isn't easy though, that's for sure.
I wish we lived closer too!
-lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines