Thursday, September 07, 2006

Things were not as they seemed. She (the boss woman)did not trust me after I quit. I decided yesterday was my last day.
I feel bad for the students that enjoyed my classes. I will miss them.
Here I am again. Unemployed.

I'm having some trouble figuring out who I'm supposed to be.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to not get overly nervous about my very sick husband, and not too annoyed at one of my daughters who can't understand all I'm going through and continues to whine about getting an iPod nano. We're gong broke, aren't we? I am pretty surprised at what a spoiled girl she seems to be. Is it my fault?

5 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger michi said...

oh dear. so sorry to hear about all this, lauren. but who knows, who knows. it will turn out that it was necessary for something better to happen.

fingers crossed.

m

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

thanks, michi!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

I think it's time to sit the kids down and explain budgeting and priorities to them. It's time for your whole family to pull together through this rough time.
Your daughter needs to know that you're not being mean. You're just trying to keep food on the table, a roof over their heads, and clothes on their backs.

My prayers are with you. We've been in similar situations several times.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger PV said...

Getting a bad job is much worse than not getting a job. Especially when you had such high hopes for it. I had similar disasters in my past, too. You finally begin this great, dream job and before long (usually there's a horrendous boss figure) you realize it's your nightmare job - and then you have to explain to everyone why you hate it so much you can't stay there. Then comes the guilt.

Truly your daughter does not need an IPOD. Nobody does. I completely understand your frustrations. You are the authority figure and the simplest answer is to just say no.

Are you going to head right out and look for work again?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Arlene said...

i'm so sorry that the job ended this way, lauren. hope you find something new and better soon!!!

so sorry about your husband, too. it must be such a worry.

a.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines