Sunday, August 20, 2006

Back to School!

I have been so busy getting ready for the first day of school tomorrow. The girls both start in their prospective new schools, and I start my new job at Dillon Country Day School. My schedule is overwhelming. I teach every single period of the day. I get a half an hour for lunch around noon, but other than that, I'm non-stop. The classes are small, but I am teaching several different subjects (Spanish, English, Creative Writing and Environmental Science) to students in grades 6-12.
I can't believe we all have to wake up around 6am tomorrow morning. It is already time for us to wind down and get to bed now, so we can be somewhat rested.
I will be dropping Erin off at the Wellington Community center first, and she will get her bus from there at 7:15. Next, I'll be dropping Rachel off in front of the Barnes & Noble at the Wellington Mall at 7:30. Finally, I go to my school, which is basically a block or two from there, and greet students at the door.
Tomorrow is a really big day. I'm excited and anxious for it to get started already. I do not dread it at all. I want to do my best, but I also want to remember that I need to keep that within reason. I tend to take on more than what is necessary sometimes.
I think I need to get going right now.
I have to make sure everything is ready to go.
Backpacks are ready, lunches, school uniforms, etc.
And for me...my grade book, plans, handouts, etc.

7 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

Hope all goes well for everyone.

It is great not to have a job that one really wants. That's important.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger PV said...

I hope your first day goes well! Enjoy your new job!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger SarahJane said...

good luck! hope you got a back-to-school outfit!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger SarahJane said...

good luck! hope you got a back-to-school outfit!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

thanks guys. first day went well, but I've got the virus the girls had last week. I'm just trying to make it without having to get a sub in the first week. I slept when I got home today.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

thanks guys. first day went well, but I've got the virus the girls had last week. I'm just trying to make it without having to get a sub in the first week. I slept when I got home today.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

Let me rephrase-- happy fingers...

It's important to have the job one wants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines