Sunday, July 30, 2006

Failure to Cleanse

If anyone stopped by my blog during the hours of noon to about two pm today, you may have seen a post about the Master Cleanse Lemon Diet I was intending to start.
It was deleted because I gave up after only a half day.
I just could NOT force myself to drink the horrible lemon/maple syrup/cayenne pepper combination. It wouldn't go down.
I am thinking about doing a modified version. I have been wanting to do something like this for over a year. There was a man in my ADD group who had done something similar, and said how much it improved his health and energy level, etc. After doing it, he continued to eat healthier. He couldn't say enough about it. The cleanse he did was available online through a company called GoodHerbs. I looked into it, but the price held me back. So, when my friend Freada showed me this lemon cleanse version, I thought it was ideal because the ingredients are cheap and fairly easy to find.
It would have been a disaster if I order something that cost me almost two hundred dollars and then I decided I couldn't stomach it for more than half a day!

I want to do this for my health. I also want to do the part that comes afterwards, when you start reintroducing foods back into your diet. That is when you can determine your specific food allergies. I suppose there is another way to go about this. I'll have to look into that.

Losing weight and getting in better shape is another one of my goals, but that is not the purpose of that cleanse anyway. In the past two weeks, I have lost four pounds, which is a good, safe amount. It helps that my husband has not been around because he makes pasta almost every day. Just eliminating that has probably helped me lose.

3 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger PV said...

Lauren - I tried the master cleanse diet on Saturday. You had reminded me of it, and I was ready to do it. I went until 7 PM that night - and I wasn't hungry at all - but my head was aching so bad I thought I'd die. I was in Gulfport, MS., at a Barnes & Noble bookstore - frantically looking for the book by Dr. Burroughs. They said they had it - but nobody could find it. My head was pounding. Thinking about drinking the lemonade, I almost threw up. I had only had 3 by that point - and needed 3 more for the day - and I knew I'd throw up if I had to drink one.

Not knowing what to do - I had little choice but to eat a salad (with no dressing,) at Backyard Burger. My headache dulled about 50%. I never had any caffeine that night, the only other thing I had was an unsweetened OJ. Yesterday morning, I didn't have a headache at all.

Yesterday - I ate healthy all day. Salads and fruit. I don't know why my head was pounding Saturday night - but it was migraine intense. Some people will say that it's the caffeine withdrawell.........but I'll tell you - I don't know how anyone keeps from eating to get the headache to go away.

I walked 2 miles yesterday, too.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

sounds like you are doing great. I just got back from a long walk w/ my dogs and girls, along with a swim. Feels great!
I made a water/salt/lemon juice blend this morning. I tried to drink a quart but I could only handle a pint. Then I had my faithful Luna Bar.
I'm glad your headache is better. I'll give you the link to my diet blog. I think it is www.mylittlewale/blogspot.com

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

this is it:

http://mylittlewhale.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines