Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm employed again!


First, here's another picture of my latest painting:

Now, on to the good news:
Yesterday I was offered the job I was really hoping to get. I will be teaching at Dillon Country Day School in Wellington. It is a very small school (currently only 13 students) and I will be teaching English and Spanish and maybe some other subjects as well. I will also be helping out with the marketing of the school. I will have a lot of creative flexibility and I really like the director.

After my extensive job search, I was happy to go back to the thing I always fall back on: teaching.

I'm actually looking forward to returning to work after two years. I can't really believe it has been that long. I hope I can handle the transition!

10 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger michi said...

BIIIIIIIIIG CONGRATS!

and all the best for the new challenge!!

:) mx

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

That's great news about the teaching position. Good for you.

And, I really like this painting.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Congrats, Lauren!

I posted a comment in your "Pirates" thread. Just now got around to visiting your blog (you left me a message after reading a note I posted on CE's blog). Been crazy busy here at work and at home!!!!!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

thanks everyone! I appreciate it.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Congratulations, Lauren!! I'm so glad you got the one you truly wanted.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Kelly K said...

Congrats!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger lorguru said...

thanks, sharon and kelly!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger PV said...

Congratulations! How wonderful! Do you start immediatley?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

thanks pam.
No, school starts Aug. 21. I have to start getting ready soon,...I don't know exactly when yet. I'll find out next Monday when the director is back in town.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Congratulations!!
Will it pay enough for your daughter's tuition?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines