Tuesday, August 08, 2006

back and scrambled

Sorry to have taken so long to post after our return from Winter Haven. We were completely wiped out for a day after that, and then on Saturday night, I took the girls to The Palace, our local indoor skate place. Unfortunately, while I was out there whipping around the circle, feeling young and free(haha)...I got slammed into the ground by a man who was trying to avoid hitting some kid who was cutting across the floor. I fell on my right side and my face bounced off the wood floor. I remember the guy behind me asking me if I was okay and I just said, "NO" and sat there for a while before attempting to move. Once I was helped off the floor, the man's wife got me some ice. I cried while holding it to my throbbing jaw and cheekbone.
I eventually got to the office to file an accident report, and the owner says he thinks I should really go to the ER to have myself checked out. I had been considering that all along, but was hoping I could avoid that since I don't have any health insurance. At this point my vision was blurry and I was sick to my stomach. I decided to go. My daughter's friends had to call their parents to come together so one of them could drive my car home and the other could drop me off at the hospital.
Anyway, I checked out okay and was given some painkillers and anti-inflammatory meds. I've been surviving on those for the past few days, but decided to go without last night since I had to go to my first day of work today. That was a rough night. Tonight I'm going to try taking at least half. As the doctor predicted, I presently feel like I wrestled an alligator.

8 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Oh Lauren, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. But I am glad it was nothing serious, like broken bones or a swelling brain. Take whatever meds you can, get plenty of rest, and be well!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger PV said...

Oh, that's awful news. And, on your first day of your new job, too. This reminds me of another friend I had who looked for work for months, and finally - after landing a job with a 60 mile one-way commute - she woke up on her first day with a terrible case of stomach flu. The poor woman had to drive there and begin her on-the-job training feeling like that.
Is your face terribly swollen?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger SarahJane said...

yikes. hope you're feeling better. gotta read in and catch up and your job. congratulations!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

The fall sounds like bad one. Sorry. I hope you're able to find enough rest, so you can mend.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

That's not the best conversation starter for your first day of work, is it?

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger michi said...

oh i am sorry to hear that, lauren! sounds awful! could have been worse, but i guess this is bad enough ...

how did your first day go? better than that night out, i hope! :)

m

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger lorguru said...

Thanks for all the sympathy! I'm actually feeling quite a bit better today, thank goodness. I'm starting to see some bruises, but not too bad. My face is slightly swollen, but not enough to look any odder than usual! hehe
I liked my first day at the job. My boss is very nice.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger PV said...

Why are you typing at 1:19 AM? Aren't you exhausted?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines