Sunday, September 03, 2006

Back at ITWS, 30:30

After going to check out Freada's lastest psalms up at 30:30, I could not resist the urge to try yet again for my seventh round. I posted one poem last night and another one today. I've started a mini nightmare series.
Today's post:

Recurring Nightmare: Insects

limbless my
trunk resigns
on the forest
floor ants forge
their jointed
legs tibial spurs
claw and tip
of gastor prick
the pores of me
belly and breast
under mandible
and antenna



There is a fabulous cast of characters participating at the moment...just about everyone except for michi, whom I suspect will be back soon. Sometimes all those great writers can be intimidating, but I'm willing to give it a try. I think it is important for me to write right now.

4 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger michi said...

lauren, no need for you to be intimidated. :)

and i saw that lots of the regulars are the at the moment. not sure i will be back soon. i have some spare time, but need to be doing a million things, and wanted to put a couple of manuscripts together, which would involve revisions ... we'll see.

m

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

I like the image here. The facts-- "jointed / legs tibial spurs / claw and tip" create the horror. Interesting piece. "Antenna" as the last word is a great choice.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Arlene said...

hope things get better with your boss, lauren. that sounds very hard to deal with... and with these people sometimes the harder you try, the more they enjoy showing their displeasure. hope it works out!!

hugs,
a.

p.s. it's really great to see you back in 30:30!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger lorguru said...

michi...I'm glad to hear you are going to work on some manuscripts. You have a lot of fantastic material to work with.

sam...thanks for the feedback!

arlene...you are right. Can you believe I asked if we could get together and talk about it and she basically blew me off? I'm sending out my resume!
Thanks for the warm welcome back at 30:30!
-lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines