Saturday, September 09, 2006

Because of not working...

I was able to go to the PTO meeting at Erin's new school yesterday, plus a support group meeting for parents of kids with ADD/OCD, etc. out in Palm Beach Gardens.
I found out at American Heritage (Erin's school) that they don't have a literary magazine. I met a mom of a new junior boy who wants to start one, and I gave her my email and told her I would love to help out if he can get it going. I'm shocked that they don't have one already.
I did some good networking at the support group and got some good recommendations on p-docs for the kids.
I really would like to consider substitute teaching at Erin's school. I could see if I like it there enough to consider working there in the future. This would let them see if they like me, too. The only problem is, of course, no health insurance. I can't believe I am one of those Americans living in fear for lack of health benefits.
Meanwhile, my husband's health continues to decline. If I had my way, I would have him in the hospital right now. He is very short of breath and wheezing. He gets bigger every day. I don't understand what he is waiting for. Stubborn. Scared.

4 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger SarahJane said...

Hey,
really sorry to hear about your husband's health problems. does he have insurance? hope things improve.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Carl Bryant said...

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble finding a job with benefits, Lauren. Keep looking and you'll surely find something worthwhile.

As to going to the doctor:
If men went to the doctor everytime we did something silly and hurt ourselves, we'd be there every day.

It's a practicality thing.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger PV said...

The health insurance problem is a real big one for the U.S. I went for years without health insurance, and even ended up filing bankrupcy because of high health care bills and insurance that didn't pay enough. My oldest daughter was born with lots of medical problems and she spent 7 days in the hospital, then she contracted meningitis at 6 months and spent 30 days in intensive care. We actually had two insurance plans, but owed tens of thousands of dollars after they paid their share.

There are programs in place in most states for kids to get insurance, but not alot for adults, especially male adults.

Still .......his health is more important than bills, and that's all they are is bills. Make him go.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Arlene said...

gosh, your husband sounds like mine. he was in pain for two weeks before he allowed us to take him to the hospital. don't wait too long.

hope you manage to get a job that covers health benifits.

i'm rooting for you!
a.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines