Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bad News, Good News

Bad News: Erhan is back in the hospital. He went for a follow-up visit and they found blood clots in his arm. He is getting Halrpin through an IV right now.
Good News: I might get a job at Erin's school...which would have the following benefits:
1) Drive to and from school with Erin, have the same schedule as Erin.
2) Great school, positive atmosphere.
3) Free tuition for both Erin and Rachel (value: 29K per year)
4) Health insurance
5) Better pay than I made at the other school.

I went in to the school yesterday to meet with one of Erin's teachers. She is struggling with Honors English, which is mostly grammar, but is thriving in Honors Literature. I wanted to see if it is possible for her to get into regular English and stay in the same Lit class. I also wanted to go over Erin's testing that shows her learning style strengths and weaknesses.
Anyway, I really enjoyed meeting with the English teacher. I mentioned to her that I am a teacher and that I would love to teach there. (I applied in the summer but never heard from them). She told me I should keep checking in and that they may be needing some teachers already. SO, I went into the main office, and before I knew it, I was in an interview with the principal!
I was scheduled to come in and teach tomorrow so I could see how the students are and they can see how I teach. However, now that Erhan is in the hospital, we have postponed it until Monday.

I'm very excited about this possibility, even though I know it would be very different for me (I would be teaching fifth grade and I've never taught kids that young, nor have I ever been a teacher who teaches all subjects). I really do hope it works out and any good thoughts or prayers for me, and my sick husband as well, would be greatly appreciated!

4 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger PV said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger michi said...

lauren - i have all available fingers crossed for you and erhan. i hope you get the job if you really want it. free tuition would be such a load off your shoulders!

m

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your husband Lauren...the job offer sounds tempting...best of luck with it all.

take care,

Liz
x

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

I'm still praying that everything works out for your family!
That job sounds like a dream come true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines