Thursday, September 28, 2006

More Updates

On Monday I spent the day teaching fifth grade. I enjoyed it and I think I did a good job. Now, I have to wait for the administration to decide if they are going to let the other teacher go or not. Even though she is in her fifties, she is new to teaching and it just has not been going well. They have been trying to give her a lot of support and help, but they are getting to the end of the rope.
I went to a New Parent Reception two nights ago and the principal introduced me to the Head of School. They told me that they would have a decision for me by Friday. Even if the decide to stick with the current teacher, there is a Spanish teacher who is about to have a baby, and they told me I would probably get that job. My only apprehension with that is that the position may not be permanent if she decides to just take a leave. The principal said she thinks it is unlikely because that woman has had three babies in the past three years. We'll see.
My husband is doing the same. He goes to the kidney doctor this afternoon.
Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers!

4 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

So, what was the word on Friday?
I'm still praying that the doctors will find a solution to hubby's problems.
Hang in there!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

Can you believe, the word was no word. I think it isn't looking good. I've been feeling down all weekend. I saw that they posted an ad in the local paper. I'm blue.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

That SUCKS!!
How's hubby feeling?

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

He's doing better. A new diuretic seems to be doing the job and he lost about twelve pounds in three days! I'll have to try some! haha! It took me two months to lose 12 pounds!
Anyway, I'm very glad to see him on the upswing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines