Sunday, September 09, 2007

Nine months later

Well, guess what?
We got divorced (end of January.
We tried to get back together.
We broke up once and for all.
I'm moving on.

I'm working in a new school as an administrator.
Loving it, but I'm poor because both the girls are attending the same school and there is NO discount for employees. They take the tuition from my paycheck, and even with financial aid, I'm barely braking even.

I'm not sure if I really want to continue to blog regularly, but I thought I would at least add this little update.

I have not been writing poetry at all. Shame on me. I thought I would do it in the summer, but instead I ended up having to look for a new job, and then, once I found it, I had to start right away (I don't get summers off as an administrator).

The girls and I moved back into the house and the ex moved to an apartment on the ocean. I am going to try to sell the house now, but it is still roofless (another long, boring story).

I'm going to go check out some old friends' blogs to see if they are still writing!

Ciao!

6 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

What a BUMMER!!
Thanks for updating. I was wondering how things were going with you.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Casdok said...

Good luck with your new life!!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Hey Lauren, great to hear from you ...sorry about the divorce ...but new beginnings await you...take care and come back soon to ITWS with your poetry - I miss reading it!

hugs,
Liz

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger michi said...

lauren! clicked on the link to check ... and lo and behold! a blog post!

i sent an email 4 weeks ago, it bounced back, then tried your old addy, and had a note that they would keep trying to deliver it, but not sure you ever got it.

which email are you using now? let me know.

miss your poetry, take care, hugs,

m

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Lauren, I've been checking back for months, hoping to see an update. It's good to hear from you! Sorry to hear you've had such a rough year, but hopefully things will improve with the coming one. I miss your wonderful poetry and talking with you at ITWS. Hope you'll come back to us someday. Best wishes, Sharon.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger michi said...

hey you! not sure which email addy you use - hope you get this:

happy birthday!! :) hope you have a wonderfully fantastic day, and that everyone is spoiling you.

take care,

m xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines