Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Job Offer

The job I wanted the most...at the ARC...was offered to me yesterday at the end of my second interview. I have not accepted as of yet, but I suspect I will. I'm very enthusiastic about this position. It is a new one, derived from a grant from A.B.L.E. I would be creating training programs to help adults with developmental disabilities prepare for and obtain jobs in some "non-traditional" industries. The main areas they have targeted to start are hospitality and retail. I would have a lot of creative freedom to make the program work, which I would love. My mind is already buzzing with ideas!

4 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger michi said...

WOO-HOO!!!!!

go with what your guts tell you.

all the best!

mx

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Carl Bryant said...

Way to go, you!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger SarahJane said...

that is great news. congratulations!

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Congratulations Lauren. Brillaint news.

Liz-Anne :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines