Saturday, June 24, 2006

Blog Bits

I've been to my favorite blogs, and I realize I've missed quite a bit! Sarah did another quiz, which I've now taken, but it looks like it has been a while so I don't know if she'll go back to my answers or not. Even if she doesn't, it was fun reading everyone else's answers and finding out what celebrity they were in a past life! (And btw, her poem Flight took second place for the whole year at IBPC! Wow!)

Michi also did a quiz type thing. Actually, it is a Poem Title Generator! I can hardly wait to find out my next poem's title! How cool is that? Do I know some clever people, or what?

I also found out, over at Carl's blog, that he is possibly the funniest man I know. He should be writing for comedians. Maybe he is. I don't remember what exactly he does, but if that isn't it, I think he missed his calling.

I also discovered that Arlene Ang is quite the PhotoShop artist! She is doing some very cool work and posting it on her blog. I've seen pictures of many of my poet friends' kids, in some unusual scenes. I will have to send her a picture of my little darlings and see where they end up!

Rachel Mallino and Nathan McClain are both in the process of moving. I wish them well. It is an exciting, emotional and hectic time.
It looks like John Vick has gotten settled after his recent move. He has a nice new picture up that looks like he is sitting back in his nicely decorated place.

I'm still doing absolutely nothing in terms of submitting. I just keep thinking I will get motivated, and it just doesn't happen! It doesn't help that in the past 23 days of 30:30, I haven't written anything that wouldn't need a major overhaul in order to make it worthy of any kind of consideration. So many poets there post one publishable poem after another ...perhaps I find that a bit intimidating. I do have a few things from before this month that I could send out. How long ago did I write Weird Girls? Six...seven months???? I don't know what my problem is. I guess I just know that if I miss deadlines, there will be new ones that open up. Such is the life of a professional procrastinator! I'm sure everyone is tired of reading about what I have NOT done. I promise not to mention it again until I actually have something to say!

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Arlene said...

hey, lauren -- sure, send over the pics your darlings.

hope you start submitting soon. it's fun! i think i write mainly because i like the submission process ;)

a.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger michi said...

lauren,

nice to see you back! the PTG is still pondering your answers ... it isn't quite as clever as me, you see. :)

m

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines