Friday, July 07, 2006

Unresolved Issues from your Past Life

I've decided to join the quiz craze. As you will recall, Sarah has had a couple of insightful ones, and michi featured the infamous Poetry Title Generator on her blog (darn, I still haven't written that poem!).
Now, purely for entertainment purposes (that's my disclaimer!), I will read your answers to the following, then stare into my Calypso Colada wine cooler until I see the vision. If it isn't too disturbing, I'll share it with you in the comments section.


Ever wonder what unresolved past-life issue plagues your soul? Answer the following ten questions and wait for your answer!
1. On an average day, approximately what percent of your waking hours do you spend barefoot?
2. Do you spend more time avoiding:
a. pain
b. ridicule
c. ostracism?
3. Early, Right-on-time, or Late?
4. Describe any irrational fear you have now or had as a child.
5. At what age was your first real kiss?
6. Have you ever had any recurring dreams? If so, describe one of them in three words or less.
7. Name the first country that comes to mind that is of absolutely no interest to you. (as far as travel or general culture)
8. Approximately how many people have you brought a card or flowers to in a hospital?
a. 0
b. 1-5
c. 6-15
d. 16-30
e. 30+
9. What is the first physical sign that you've had a few too many drinks?
10. Name one of your favorite TV shows from your childhood.


michi...thanks for being the first brave soul!
Let's get down to business!
Your unresolved issue:
Your occupation or lifestyle (possibly a pirate)involved extensive marine travel, which made it difficult to develop intimate relationships. You fell in love a few times, but one partner stood out as "the one" you could never forget. As you approached middle age, you decided to do everything possible to find that person and start a family. Sadly, you died from from a venomous spider bite before you could begin your search.


Thank you for stepping up, my brave little Liz Anne!
You may be surprised to find out that last time around, you were a member of a powerful mob family. You were never quite comfortable with the lifesyle, so when you married, you and your spouse ran far, far away. You changed your name, started anew, and lived a long, honest life (unfortunately always looking over your shoulder) Never seeing your parents again and not even being able to attend their funerals also left you without closure. Did they understand your abandonment? Did they forgive you? These are your unresolved issues
.


Pam,
I'm seeing a rugged child fending for herself in the tough streets of some South American country. Yes, Pam, you were an orphan, begging and taking what you could in order to live. It made you strong, but you carried with you into this life two things: a tough, no-nonsense spirit, coupled with a a deep sensitivity for the pain and suffering of others.



Sharon,
You, my dear, were a Nobel prize winning doctor who died with a big secret. Did you tamper with statistics...did you present someone else's information as your own? This went with you to your grave. You did so much good in your lifetime but your secret weighed you down.

Rachel...
I see the tragedy of a promising young starlet whose life was cut short by an illness for which there was no cure. Destined to be the next Shirley Temple, you were a natural performer. Your unresolved issue , of course, was that you were never able to realize the dream you were meant to fulfill.

Welcome home, Arlene! It's not too late at all! Glad you joined in. Maybe you won't feel that way after you read about your past life!
Let me grab a wine cooler and see what I can see...:)
I don't know why I see you on an ostrich farm, but indeed I do. And oh dear, the very animals you raised and loved...I don't know, I see you down and I see a lot of pecking. Unresolved issue: betrayal. And no, I'm not smoking anything.


Sarah,
You were a well-known musician and composer who lived a conservative life. Your fame came at a young age. Because of your dedication to your craft, you had little time for social endeavors. When the world of music underwent major changes, your popularity declined drastically. You were never able to regain it. Your later years were lonely and bitter.

28 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger michi said...

yesyesyes! a lauren quiz! tell me, ms psychologist, what will i have to deal with - demons, dragons, dandelion clocks?

my answers:

1 depends on the season – in the summer, on an average day, 40% unless i am out all day. in the winter, only the time i spend in the shower or bath. :)

2 b ridicule

3 right-on-time, tendency towards early

4 that the krampus was waiting behind the bedroom door in the dark. that was as a child, in case you were wondering. now i have the irrational fear that i will never be the world's best poet … (ha bloody ha)

5 15 ½ - an irish guy in italy (i was going to ask "who was your first ever real kiss with" in my quiz, but then i thought the quiz was getting tooooo long. funny.)

6 easy: maths exams

7 that's a tough one for someone like me. had to think long and hard. turns out it is probably belgium.

8 b 1-5

9 red cheeks (i would love to be my friend gudrun now just so i could answer: hiccups! *G*)

10 sendung mit der maus i still watch it sometimes.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

michi...thanks for being the first brave soul! hehehehe
Let's get down to business!

Your unresolved issue:
Your occupation or lifestyle (possibly a pirate)involved extensive marine travel, which made it difficult to develop intimate relationships. You fell in love a few times, but one partner stood out as "the one" you could never forget. As you approached middle age, you decided to do everything possible find that person and start a family. Sadly, you died from from a venomous spider bite before you could begin your search.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger michi said...

lauren, you read about that spider bite somewhere, right? please tell me you did. please. *L*

darwin 1991. not that i died that time, i think.

a pirate. tee-hee! i like that. in a way.

m, humming "and the shark has pretty teeth, dear ..."

or make that "fifteen men on the dead man's chest ..." - i might need something strong after this revelation!

cheers!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

I'm sure glad you survived the spider bite *this time*! No, I didn't read about it, but you've certainly sparked my curiosity!

Thanks for your participation!
-laur

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger michi said...

so that really was a guess? i know i mentioned it somewhere on my website, so that was why i thought you might have read it there.

a little spider bit me in darwin, australia while i was innocently writing postcards on the balcony of the backpackers' accommodation. i didn't notice the bite itself, just saw that spider on my arm, flicked it off and forgot about it till my arm started feeling funny - hot, prickling, heavy as a trunk ...

i got a fever and really tired, and had to go to hospital to check.

but i was fine by the next morning.

still, it did not make me any fonder of spiders. ;)

m

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Hi Lauren,
I'm coming forward but feeling shakey :) Go easy on me kind Psychologist ;)

1. I’m barefoot now so yeah the minute I come in the door I’m barefoot ...so maybe 30-40%
2. a
3. Early
4. choking on fish bones
5. 15
6. accused of murder
7. a tricky one but it has to be the UK
8. d
9. incessant laughter
10. Dr. Who or Lost in Space

Thanks :)

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger PV said...

Stare into your Calypos Cooler................

1. 50%.
2. C.
3. Early. (actually, too early.)
4. Death of a parent, or child.
5. 14.
6. Teeth falling out.
7. Korea.
8. B.
9. Talk too much.
10. Leave it to Beaver.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger C. E. Chaffin said...

Dear Lorguru,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I see some poets I've published on your links as well as a former student. Maybe you could add mine?

As for the quiz, if you read my new post today, I am not in a condition that lends itself to self-analysis without being entirely too negative. Reading the hospital question only generated guilt.

As for your multiple diagnoses, you look pretty young. In time you should have a name for your main problem. Glad you're on medicatons that work.

My oldest daughter shares some of the syndromes you mentioned. Her ADD has always made her scatter-brained, but she's achieved independence as a single mother, and I'm dem proud and sometimes a little afraid for her.

Carry on!

CE

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger C. E. Chaffin said...

p.s. I added a link to you.

CE

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

thanks, CE! I already added you before you asked...must have been publishing while you were here!
I totally understand about the quiz. I'm just flattered you stopped by!
-lauren

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

PS. I have a daughter with ADD as well. She is going into sixth grade and it will be her first year at a new school for her...a school only for average or above average students with ADD. I wrote about it in some of my first entries here.
I also have a stepson with Autism and Tourette's syndrome. I write about him in my Alp Life blog.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Lauren, yikes...I ran away from the 'moll' life and from the Padrino clan :)...sometimes I do feel on the run actually, must have to do with living abroad!

Everything crossed that there was an enormous hiccup in your back-to-the-future chrystal ball...the last part is just too sad!

Liz

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger PV said...

What flavor of wine cooler did you get that from?

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

hehe! That was actually an iced tea!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Yay, another great quiz! Here goes:
1. 99 per cent
2. a. pain
3. Used to be early; now that I have kids, always late
4. flying (I simply won't do it anymore)
5. Um....can I fake this one? Okay, honestly (this is embarrassing) - 22
6. earthquakes
7. France
8. b. 1-5
9. I never have too many drinks
10. Get Smart

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Rachel Mallino said...

Hey Lauren! Fun, fun.


1. 25%

2. ridicule

3. Early

4. Fear of all things bugs.

5. 12

6. pigs bowling


7. Haiti

8. 1-5

9. I start to slur words.

10. The Muppets.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

roflmao..."pigs blowing"!!!
sounds tramatic!

thanks sharon and rachel, for taking my quiz!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger lorguru said...

Okay, I'm going to offer up my answers for anywone who would like to tell me what they see about me in their wine cooler.
1. 99.9%
2. b, ridicule
3. late. always late.
4. losing my mind
5. 17 (in Spain)
6. flying
7. Tokyo
8. c
9. wide eyes
10. Monkees

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger michi said...

you were part of the spanish inquisition, but since you were on an extended holiday in japan and fell in love with a 17-year-old geisha, you missed most of the hot action at home. you never quite got over that. also, your loving that girl did not go down well with your inquisition buddies, and you had to escape their ridicule and anger by fleeing to the countryside where you turned into a bitter hermit.

how's that?

m :)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger lorguru said...

thanks, michi!!! That explains A LOT!;)
-laur

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Arlene said...

yay new quiz!! it's a bit late, but here are my answers:

1. 2%

2. a. pain

3. early

4. being possessed by demons/devils alla exorcist.

5. 21 (hee, i can't believe sharon beat me)

6. erm, being possessed by demons/devils.

7. yemen

8. a. 0 (don't think that's allowed in the hospitals i've been)

9. the room turns round and round.

10. bugs bunny

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Ah, must have been all those orphans displaced from France in that big earthquake that we used in our drug trials. If those little voices would just stop screeching, maybe I could get some sleep at night.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

that's even more sinister than I imagined!!! lol
-lauren

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Arlene said...

teehee, an ostrich farm. that must be the reason i love ostrich meat. yum!

a.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger SarahJane said...

1. In summer, 55%. In winter, 1%.
2. Pain, since ostracism and ridicule are mere forms of pain.
3. Right-on-Time.
4. The faucet left running.
5. I'm going to pull a Bill Clinton here. What constitutes "real?" You mean with tongue penetration?
6. Menagerie, planks, angles
7. Los Angeles (not a country, I know)
8. B
9. The mind goes first.
10. F-Troop

smile!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

Okay, Ms. Sloat...I'm glad I checked back here. I've been waiting for you!!!
Now, before I grab the wine cooler, you must answer the tongue penetration question. And, for pain, I meant physical pain, in case that changes your answer. I'll start pondering what I do have to work with here!
-lauren

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger SarahJane said...

ok, i was either 12 or 13. Glenn Zielinski, my first boyfriend.

the pain-ostracism-ridicule thing is pretty tough. I am at the moment being ostracized by someone and finding it not too bad. Pain fades. So I guess ridicule.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger SarahJane said...

oh my. i'm sorry to hear that. god do i feel sorry for myself now. lauren, yours is a tragic vision.
smile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines