Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I've decided to reconsider teaching. I re-vamped my resume and got it out there. I can't tell you how many times I've said I would never teach again. I'm such a liar!

So, I was wrong about Germany in the World Cup finals. I was glad to be wrong, seeing as it meant Italy beat them!!!!
I'm so relieved Sarah's husband can be the riduculee instead of the rediculed!

South Florida is stinking hot in the summer. No, this is not news to me or anyone else. I'm just getting very sick of not being able to go outside simply because I enjoy breathing and detest mosquitoes.

I finally submitted some poems to a couple of e-zines. I'm not starting another round of 30:30 yet. It has been a nice few days off.

I took the girls (my twins and the neighbors, or "cousins" as we're now calling them) to see fireworks last night from a high point in a nearby mall parking lot. I've never seen so many displays at once. It was quite lovely. I found a radio station that was playing patriotic music and cranked it. For the kids, the highlight was that I let them watch from the roof of my Jeep!

5 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger SarahJane said...

That sounds fun with your girls. 4th of July went right over my head - barely a mention here.

yes, i was glad italy won, too. i was trying to sleep when it happened. i understand the end was very impressive and I'm sorry I missed it. Carlo has no voice today from screaming.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger PV said...

Patriotic songs? I probably would have cried. Patriotic sounds and loud noises make me cry.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

You don't want to be anywhere near me when the weather gets hot! I should wear a warning sign: Instant b*tch; just add heat.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger michi said...

ah yes, italy did well.
now france can go and kick their butts. *L*

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Dancing on the jeep roof while watching fireworks sounds like fun :)

Go 'Italy' go! :)

Liz-Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines