Monday, May 22, 2006

Michi and Sarah Came to my Blog!

Wow, two great poets stopped by my humble blog and even left me comments! Thanks guys! I'm actually not sure if I should be glad or embarrassed. It's pretty boring here, after all! Maybe I'll have to start using spellcheck if I'm going to actually have guests. Hmmmm....maybe I'll have to start making my life sound more exciting, too! Nah, this isn't going to be a creative writing venture. Oh! Almost forgot some big news around here...Erhan has his citizenship ceremony this Wednesday! He is so relieved/excited/elated. He says now he'll have to find something new to be stressed out about. I'm sure he'll have no trouble. I'm thinking about throwing him a party this Saturday. We aren't really party people, so I'm not sure I'll go through with it. I did decide against the surprise element, figuring that would just make it way too complicated. We do have our new patio to celebrate on, and I thought a little patriotic theme would be appropriate. I'll have do decided soon so I can get to inviting people. Erhan's still on a natural high from his team winning the Turkish Soccer League title. Hooray for Galatasaray!!!!

9 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Carl Bryant said...

Oh, dear - Michi and Sarah are spies, Lauren.

They're on to you.

Quick - post something boring!

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Amanda Auchter said...

Thank you so much for your congrats! What a great blog you have!

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Arlene said...

Hi Lauren! Thanks for dropping by my place.

And that's great news about Erhan's citizenship. Wooohooo!! I'm still waiting for mine (another year to go before I can complain, legally, about the red tape) -- and so can empathize fully. Yes, party party!

Arlene

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger michi said...

lauren - and i am BACK! are you scared now? huh?? *most-threatening-puppy-eyes-EVER*

great news about the citizenship. ahh, galatasaray. my turkish friend özge lived there until 2 years ago, her parents still do.

so you will be watching the world cup too, huh? finally, a month of peace and quiet for us ladies, while the men are out getting drunk in pubs, watching the football! ;)

m

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

Thanks for your visits too, Carl, Amanda and Arlene...three more accomplished poets...and michi is back, too! I'm flattered to have you all here.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

Oh yeah, michi...I'll be watching the World Cup. I can't believe it's time for that again. At least I enjoy soccer. I can't stand American Football. I don't think I could live with I guy who watched that! -laur

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger SarahJane said...

we are also all ready for the world cup. the only consideration is whether or not we need a brand new tv. i think yes. then i think no. so i'm leaving it up to the other folks who live here.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger michi said...

ugh i cannot stand football - the good thing is - the french open (tennis) are on BEFORE the world cup, which gives ME something to look forward to! and some time on my own during the world cup ... *G*
m

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger lorguru said...

I think the best looking athletes are Turkish soccer players, so there's my interest right there!
My husband is very into tennis, so we'll be watching the Open as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines