Tuesday, February 21, 2006

trying to blog

I'm going to try this blogging thing, and really write something (as opposed to just posting poems). I just can't imagine I'll have anything that interesting to say, but I'll give it a go!!!

I finally planned the girls' 11th birthday parties today. It is over a month late, but we got off track since Erin was in the hospital when it was supposed to take place.

Rachel is going to have a little get-together at a nearby restaurant called RJ Gator's. It is also a sports bar. She is just inviting a few school friends, the neighbors, her teacher and his son (who is in kindergarten...they adore each other!) and my parents and grandfather will come too. That's planned for this Friday.

Erin is going to have her party the following Saturday. She is going to have one of those murder mystery parties and a sleep-over. The party she chose is called Miss Teen USA. The plot is something about one of the contestants being murdered. Guests show up as the characters they are assigned, and then they have to solve the mystery to find out who dunnit.

I got a bug up my butt today and had the girls help me carry our kitchen table out to the curb to be taken away for garbage pick-up. That thing was getting uglier by the day, and I'm glad to have it gone. I moved the dining room table into the breakfast nook area, minus one leaf,... and it looks much better. Now, I plan to use the vacant dining room as an art studio. I just need an easel and I'll be all set. I'm pretty excited because that room gets great light. There are pretty french doors that look out to the backyard.

Well, I guess I did it. My first post!
Done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines