Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Glass Furnace?

If, indeed, this is a mid-life crisis, (*see previous post), then shouldn't I be over-indulging in something? Or is that only for men? What do women do?
Men are known to buy sporty cars and date younger women. They start dressing like teenagers and join the Hair Club for Men. Don't tell me I'm just going to sulk through mine, feeling depressed and sorry for myself!
I need some ideas...
I have been dying to take a class at The Glass Furnace in Istanbul and learn how to do glass blowing. I've talked about it for years, have tried to organize it, but ultimately always end up putting it off.
I would also love to go to a poetry workshop or retreat.
Oh yes, I'm getting myself excited about these ideas. The girls will be with my parents for the first two weeks of June, so I have a little time to look into some possibilities. But I don't have much time...there's just a little over a week away!

5 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger PV said...

PS ........I can't believe you listed Sineod O'Connor as one of your favorite musicians, because she's mine, too!


Pam

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

Yeah, I love her!
Glad you stopped by!
-lauren

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger michi said...

lauren - DO IT! :)

m

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Arlene said...

the glass furnace sounds heavenly, lauren! i get this sort of crisis about once a year... especially as my birthday nears. hate it, but the only way to go on is look ahead.

hope you get over it soon. the poetry retreat is another h(e)aven!!

a.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

Thanks for the encouragement, michi and arlene. It helps a lot! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines